Thursday, January 30, 2014

Another Author To Love

After I read The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman a few months ago (which I could barely put down by the way), I wondered how I had not read any of his books before. I had seen the movie Coraline, but didn't realize at the time that it was based on a book, not that I would have known the name Neil Gaiman anyhow. The Graveyard Book has stayed with me the past few months and I think of it whenever I'm feeling that uncreative ogre try to push his way into my writing.

I finally picked up The Ocean At The End Of The Lane a couple of days ago and if I hadn't had to feed my family and provide them with some clean clothes, I could have finished it in one sitting. Alas, it took me two days instead, but I was equally in awe with this book as I had been with my first foray into Mr. Gaiman's stories.

Thank you Mr. Gaiman for giving us the gift of your words.

No comments:

Post a Comment