Tuesday, October 18, 2011

A New Chapter

Moving your family cross-country is far more demanding than one could possibly imagine...but my husband and I did it over the summer and things are finally starting to feel like normal. That being said, I didn't write for most of the past three months because there were too many other things going on.

I missed it a lot and was very excited to start back up again a couple of weeks ago. I've written almost 1000 words for my WIP and have a renewed energy that will hopefully translate to some good writing. I'm still very inspired by the Campbellian Hero's Journey and will try to incorporate that method. I'm also reading different books about pirates, both fiction and non-fiction, for facts and inspiration.

Another unlikely source of inspiration for me lately has been the animated movie, MEGAMIND, from Dreamworks Studios. It's fantastic! I've been dissecting the plot to see how it fits into the hero's journey, and after I figure it out, I will opine further.

Last and most important, www.DearEditor.com is sponsoring a "Free First 20 Pages Critique" Giveaway to celebrate the premier of the book trailer for Writing Young Adult Fiction For Dummies by the editor herself, Deborah Halverson. Check out the book trailer and contest rules at
http://deareditor.com/2011/10/17/re-%e2%80%9cfree-first-chapter-critique%e2%80%9d-giveaway/

Happy Writing!!

No comments:

Post a Comment