Monday, October 31, 2011

Megamind on the Hero's Journey

Wow, the animated film Megamind fits perfectly into the Campbellian monomyth that I spoke of a while back. What's fascinating to me about this story though, is that Megamind thinks he is a bad guy, a villian, but throughout his journey, he slowly comes to the realization that he is a good guy and ultimately becomes the hero. As a side note, both Will Ferrell and Tina Fey did a superb job on the voices of Megamind and Roxanne Ritchie. I think this movie is now second only to Finding Nemo in terms of my favorite animated films.

Didn't get a whole lot of writing done last week because it was critique week with my group, but I am hoping to get a significant amount done this week. I'm also going to do another round of submissions on my picture book story, What If My Toes Were Elephant Toes. So far, I'm at 24 rejections, but who's counting, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment