Monday, April 18, 2011

Ahhh Poetry!

Last week I helped out in my first grade daughter's classroom again. This time for a poetry lesson in preparation for their version of Coffee House Poetry. It was a lot of fun and I fell in love all over with Jack Prelutsky's work. So imaginative, inventive and colorful!! Revisiting his poems reminded me of a book I read a few years ago and had since forgotten about; Hooray For Diffendoofer Day! Prelutsky collaborated with Lane Smith to create this wonderful book based on some sketches and verse left behind by the good Doctor himself, Theodore Geisel. It's fantastic and belongs right alongside Dr. Seuss' classics.                                                                             

March was a pretty good month for my word count, or at least better than February. April isn't looking so good. But it's only the 18th, so...

I'd better get to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment