Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Happy Birthday Dr. Seuss!

February was certainly a vast improvement over December & January as far as word count goes. Hopefully March will prove even more fruitful. I really feel energized about the story since finishing The Republic of Pirates and I wish there were about ten more hours in the day that I could devote to writing.

Last week, in honor of Dr. Seuss' birthday, my daughter's 1st grade class had a Dr. Seuss Reading Cafe. Her teacher invited me to help the class prepare by writing short little blurbs (using persuasive writing techniques that they are learning) about ten different Dr. Seuss books to be put in a 'menu' for selection by the parents when they came in for the Cafe. It was a lot of fun and it sure didn't hurt me to brush up on those persuasive writing skills. I even became familiar with a couple of his books I hadn't read yet. Green Eggs and Ham is still my favorite though.

Hooray for Dr. Seuss!!

No comments:

Post a Comment