Sunday, December 5, 2010

A Change Is Needed

Well, not only have I not been keeping up with my blogging but my WIP has suffered over the last two months as well. In an effort to get back on track, I'm going to follow a fellow crit group member's lead and record my daily word count. I'm starting small, 200 words a day, so that I don't get overwhelmed. If I can manage to do that during these next few busy weeks, I'll feel confident increasing it after the first of the year.

I'm also making a change in my writing process. With the currant MG novel I'm working on, I've been writing by the seat of my pants (so to speak) which I have enjoyed. However, now that I'm in chapter three, I can feel myself starting to derail a little. I have explored different plotting methods and will probably do somewhat of a combination of different styles until I figure out what's working for me. Here are a few of the sights I checked out:  www.stellacameron.com/contrib/plot.html ,
www.advancedfictionwriting.com/art/snowflake.php , http://hollylisle.com/index.php/Workshops/notecarding-plotting-under-pressure.html

1 comment:

  1. Look at your writing tallies! Progress! I removed my Nano word goals, but I should start a December Tally... or well, maybe a January daily word tally now since December is half over.

    Thanks for the links. I've seen the snowflake and follow hollylisle, but hadn't seen the first link you posted. *runs off to check it out*

    ReplyDelete