Thursday, August 12, 2010

An Awesome Discovery!

I just love it when I discover a super cool website. In reality, most of the writing world is no doubt aware of my super cool website but since nobody told me about it, I feel like the discovery is all mine. The website, http://www.worldcat.org/, is the world's largest library catalog. They have 1.5 billion items available through the collections and services of more than 10,000 libraries worldwide. I stumbled upon it while doing a Wiki search. (Don't tell my daughter. She is told by her teachers not to use Wikipedia as a web source for papers citing unreliability) Anyhow, I'm doing research for my MG pirate novel and discovered, through this wonderful website, that the only available copy of the book I'm looking for (without driving two states away) is at Notre Dame's Hesburgh Library. Guess where I'm headed tomorrow?

3 comments:

  1. I didn't know about it either. Neat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you find the book? And were you able to check it out? M

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have to be a student (or faculty) to check out materials so I'm going to have my husband's cousin's son (who is a student) check them out for me.

    ReplyDelete