Friday, July 2, 2010

Shifting Gears

Wow, I really did not want so much time to go by between posts but life has been so-o busy. Tonight is the deadline for our critique group submissions. I'm ready with mine and am anxious to see what everyone thinks of the new MG pirate novel. It still needs a lot of work but some early critisism could be very helpful.

I've decided to do a shift in my reading material. Since I'm going to be focusing on the MG novel right now, I'll read and review on the same. Well, not including time spent reading to my kids. I have so precious little free time that it just makes more sense.

I will, however, review the PB that I had already intended on doing for this post. I checked out a big stack of books by local author April Pulley Sayre http://www.aprilsayre.com/, some of which I had read before. My favorite by far is Trout, Trout, Trout! (A Fish Chant). The book is chock full of tongue twisting, rollicking fun with fish names I have never heard before. The illustrations, by Trip Park http://www.tripparkproductions.com/ (GREAT website too!), are funny and very fitting with the rhyme.

Time to get that manuscript off to my group.

No comments:

Post a Comment